Planning group travel with Southwest Airlines offers a unique set of benefits and considerations. Group travel can be an exciting adventure, whether you're planning a corporate retreat or a getaway to Miami. When it comes to organizing group travel, understanding how Southwest Airlines Group Travel works is important.
Group Travel with Southwest
Southwest Airlines provides a convenient way for travel organizers to secure 10 or more seats on a plane while postponing the full payment. Traditionally, customers would call Southwest directly to request pricing and initiate the process of holding space.
However, for those who don’t want to wait on hold forever and prefer the ease of online booking, AllFly Marketplace offers a seamless platform that compares group contract rates from various airlines, including Southwest, to streamline group travel booking process.
Southwest Airlines Group vs Meeting Contracts
Southwest's group and meeting contracts serve distinct purposes. Group contracts are ideal for scenarios where 10 or more passengers need seats on the same Southwest Airlines flight. Meeting contracts, on the other hand, provide discount codes for individuals to use when booking their Southwest Airlines flights.
Southwest Business Meetings is a better fit than a group contract for 25 or more travelers flying from different locations to the same destination. With meeting contracts, travelers have the freedom to choose their preferred flights and enter their discount code at checkout.
What if you don’t have a minimum of 25 travelers for Southwest Business Meetings? AllFly created a one stop shop for you! We have built a platform called AllFly Quest that allows groups of ideally 10 or more travelers coming from different locations and arriving at the same destination to book their own flights under one corporate payment account with meetings discounts applied automatically at checkout.
Here's a Brief Overview of Some of Southwest’s Travel Policies with Group Contracts:
- Minimum Group Size: Southwest requires a minimum of ten passengers to qualify for group travel.
- Deposit: A $50 per traveler deposit is required at the time of booking, with the full payment due closer to the departure date. Deposits are not applied towards the purchase of the ticket and will be refunded five business days after final payment and ticketing.
- Payment: After submitting a complete name list, payment can be made by calling or emailing Southwest at least seven business days before the final payment due date.
- Finalizing Details: Southwest allows unlimited name changes up to 72 hours before departure, providing flexibility for group members.
- Free Tour Conductor Ticket: For every 29 Group tickets purchased, one Tour Conductor ticket will be provided free of carrier charge.
- You also get two free checked bags!
AllFly: Your One-Stop Solution for Group Travel:
Now that you understand some of Southwest's Group Contract Travel Policies, let's explore a little more about how AllFly can enhance your group travel experience. AllFly Marketplace and AllFly Quest serve as centralized booking platforms that streamline the entire corporate group travel booking process, ensuring a hassle-free experience from start to finish. No more calling the airline and waiting on hold!
- AllFly Marketplace: AllFly's Marketplace is our one stop shop for booking group travel and allows you to access group pricing from various airlines, including Southwest.
- AllFly Quest: AllFly Quest is our airfare booking platform built specifically for corporate meetings and events where travelers can book their flights on their own under one corporate payment account and have meeting contracts applied automatically on the back end.
- Dedicated Account Managers: AllFly's dedicated account managers are committed to making your Southwest group travel experience seamless. Our experienced team will assist you in navigating the complexities of group bookings, ensuring compliance with Southwest policies and maximizing cost-effectiveness.
- 24/7 Customer Service: AllFly provides round-the-clock support to address any concerns or changes that may arise during the planning and execution of your group flight.
Navigating group travel with Southwest Airlines requires a careful understanding of the airline's group travel policies. Southwest Airlines combined with the convenience of AllFly's Marketplace and AllFly Quest, offer a comprehensive solution for group travelers going to a corporate meeting or event.
Simplify your group travel experience by leveraging the expertise and efficiency of AllFly, ensuring that your journey on Southwest Airlines is as enjoyable and stress-free as possible.